Here is today’s COVID-19 update from the County Health and Human Services Agency with data through May 31.
- Doses delivered: Nearly 4.1 million.
- Doses administered: Close to 3.69 million.
- Received at least one shot: Almost 1.95 million or 69.6% of San Diegans 12 and older.
- Fully vaccinated: Nearly 1.54 million or 54.8%.
- The goal: fully vaccinate 75% of San Diego County residents 12 and older or 2,101,936 people.
- To date, 92.7% of the goal population has received at least one vaccine and 73.1% are fully vaccinated.
- More vaccination information can be found coronavirus-sd.com/vaccine.
- San Diego County’s state-calculated, adjusted case rate is currently 1.7 cases per 100,000 residents, placing the County in the Yellow Tier.
- The testing positivity percentage is 1.3% and the County is in the Yellow Tier.
- The health equity metric is 1.5%, placing the County in the Yellow Tier.
- This is the first week the County has reached the benchmark to move into the Yellow Tier. To move into the Yellow Tier, the County must meet the tier thresholds for two consecutive weeks, meaning San Diego could move into the Yellow Tier by Wednesday, June 9.
- CDPH assesses counties on a weekly basis. The next report is scheduled for Tuesday, June 8.
Community Setting Outbreaks:
- One new community outbreak was confirmed May 31 in a private residence.
- No new community outbreaks were confirmed May 30.
- Three new community outbreaks were confirmed May 29, two in grocery settings and one in a restaurant/bar setting.
- Two new community outbreaks were confirmed May 28, both in grocery settings.
- In the past seven days (May 25 through May 31), 10 community outbreaks were confirmed.
- The community outbreaks trigger is seven or more in seven days.
- 5,233 tests were reported to the County on May 31, and the percentage of new positive cases was 1.0%.
- The 14-day rolling average percentage of positive cases is 0.7%. Target is less than 8.0%.
- The 7-day, daily average of tests is 9,555.
Cases, Hospitalizations and ICU Admissions:
- 51 COVID-19 cases were reported to the County on May 31. The region’s total is now 280,304.
- 15,412 or 5.5% of all cases have required hospitalization.
- 1,706 or 0.6% of all cases and 11.1% of hospitalized cases had to be admitted to an intensive care unit.
- No new deaths were reported May 28 – May 31, 2021. The region’s total is 3,756.
The more detailed data summaries found on the County’s coronavirus-sd.com website are updated around 5 p.m. daily.